Bathrooms are your personal spaces. They give you some time to be with yourself, do your daily chores, and wash off dirt & germs from your face & body. And that is not all. They relieve your mind of all the stress and anxiety of daily life. Bathrooms are the only place in the house used by everyone but each person is alone while using it. That means you get your precious me time here which might last for a few minutes while brushing to a few hours while having a relaxing bubble bath on a hot summer afternoon.
This explains why we all dream to have grand luxurious bathrooms. But many a time due to some reason or the other many people end up buying a house that does not have the perfect master bathroom they wanted. If you are one of them and wish to remodel your bathroom, we can help guide you through the entire task.
In this article, we will take you through some of the best Master Bathroom Remodel Ideas that you can take up to redesign your own bathrooms and upgrade them.
Is a master bathroom remodel worth it?
Well, this is the first question to be considered before we start talking about master bath remodel ideas. Upgrading or Remodelling your Master Bathroom will cost a lot of money and time so is it worth the investment or not?
We all wish to upgrade to a better and more luxurious life, so upgrading the bathroom with better amenities would definitely improve the quality of experience in our day-to-day activities. Also, it has been found that the remodeling of the master bathroom increases the value of the house and brings about more than 50% ROI, which is convincing enough to go ahead with the plan.
15 Master Bathroom Remodel Ideas to Consider
#1 Double Vanity
A double vanity is perfect for couples who want their own space in the bathroom. With two sinks, you can brush your teeth or wash your face without having to wait for your partner to finish. You'll also have plenty of counter space to store your toiletries and keep the bathroom organized.
#2 Walk-in Shower
A walk-in shower is a luxurious addition to any master bathroom. Unlike a traditional shower, a walk-in shower has no door or curtain, so you can easily step in and out. You can also add a bench or seat for added comfort, and install multiple showerheads for a spa-like experience.Image source: Instagram
#3 Wet and Dry Rooms
If you have a large master bathroom, consider adding a wet and dry area. The wet area can include a shower and bathtub, while the dry area can have a vanity, toilet, and storage. This setup allows for multiple people to use the bathroom at once, without feeling cramped.Image source: Instagram
#4 Water Closet
A water closet is a small room within the bathroom that houses the toilet. This provides privacy and allows for multiple people to use the bathroom at the same time. A water closet can also be a great way to hide the toilet from view, giving your bathroom a cleaner, more streamlined look.Image source: Instagram
If you want to take your relaxation to the next level, consider adding a sauna to your master bathroom. With high temperatures and dry heat, a sauna can help improve circulation, reduce stress, and even improve your skin.
#6 LED Mirror
An LED mirror is a great way to add a modern touch to your bathroom. With built-in lighting, you can get a clear view of your face and apply makeup or shave with ease. Plus, LED lighting is energy-efficient and long-lasting.Image source: Inyouths
Wainscot is a decorative paneling that covers the lower portion of the bathroom walls. This can add texture and visual interest to your bathroom, while also protecting the walls from moisture and damage.
#8 Glass Shower Doors
Glass shower doors are a great way to open up your bathroom and make it feel more spacious. With clear glass, you can also show off your beautiful tilework and create a seamless, modern look.
#9 Wood Accent Ideas
Wood accents are a great way to add warmth and texture to your bathroom. You can use wood for the vanity, shelving, or even the ceiling beams. Plus, natural wood tones can create a calming, spa-like atmosphere.
If you have a large master bathroom, consider adding a lounge area. With comfortable seating, you can relax and read a book or watch TV while you soak in the tub. Plus, a lounge area can add a luxurious, hotel-like feel to your bathroom.
#11 Smart Toilet
A smart toilet is a technologically advanced toilet that can enhance your bathroom experience. It comes with features like heated seats, bidet functions, and self-cleaning capabilities. A smart toilet is a great way to add a touch of luxury to your bathroom while also improving hygiene and comfort.
#12 Towel Heater
A towel heater is a simple addition to your bathroom that can make a big difference. With a heated towel rack, you can step out of the shower and wrap yourself in a warm, cozy towel. Plus, heated towels can help dry off any moisture on your skin, reducing the risk of skin irritation.Image source: Instagram
#13 Heated Floors
Heated floors are a great way to add warmth and comfort to your bathroom. With radiant heating, you can keep your feet warm on even the coldest winter mornings. Plus, heated floors can help dry up any moisture in the bathroom, reducing the risk of mold and mildew.
#14 Soaking Tub
A freestanding tub is a great way to create a spa-like atmosphere in your bathroom. With a sleek design and plenty of room to soak, you can relax and unwind in style. Plus, a freestanding tub can be positioned anywhere in the bathroom, giving you more flexibility in your bathroom layout.
#15 Arch Wall
An arch wall is a great way to add architectural interest to your bathroom. With a curved shape, an arch wall can create a sense of flow and movement in the room. Plus, you can use the arch to frame a beautiful piece of artwork or a stunning mirror.Image source: Instagram
How much should you spend on a master bathroom remodel?
The costs involved depend on a lot of factors. Some of them are
• The city you stay and in which part of the city
• The cost of labor in your area
• Size of your master bathroom
• Type of remodelling involved (a sink is to be added or a bathtub is to be installed or the shower area has to be increased, the vanity area has to be enhanced, mirrors are to be increased, etc.)
• Types and quality of materials being used
• Accessibility of the remodeling area
• Emergency expenses, and more
On average, it has been found that a master bathroom renovation can range anywhere between $5000 to $35,000 depending on the above factors.
What adds value to a master bathroom?
A master bathroom is attached to the master bedroom and is a private space for the one or two people living in the master bedroom. It is designed and decorated keeping in mind their needs and choices. The cabinets, the shower area or bathtub, the lighting, and the vanity is being planned in such a way that the people have a memorable experience every time they use it.
There are several features that can add value to a master bathroom, including:
• Size and Layout: A spacious master bathroom with a well-designed layout can add value to a home. A bathroom with a separate shower and bathtub, dual sinks, and ample storage space is highly desirable.
• High-end Finishes: The use of high-end finishes such as natural stone, marble, and high-quality fixtures can add value and luxury to a master bathroom.
• Upgraded Lighting: Good lighting is essential in a bathroom, and an upgraded lighting system with dimmer switches, task lighting, and ambient lighting can make the space more functional and attractive. An LED mirror will definitely upgrade the space.
• Spa-like Features: Features such as a Jacuzzi tub, steam shower, or heated floors can add a luxurious spa-like feel to a master bathroom, which is highly desirable to many homebuyers.
• Smart Technology: Smart home technology, such as voice-activated lighting or a smart toilet, can add convenience and luxury to a master bathroom, which can increase its value.
The list is long, and the overall digest is a well-designed, spacious, and luxurious master bathroom can add significant value to a home, making it a worthwhile investment.
What to consider for a master bath remodel?
When it comes to your bathrooms, there are plenty of things you can try out, because your bathroom has a whole lot of accessories, lighting, and tiles, that you can experiment with. Here are some of the best master bathroom remodel ideas:
• Change the Lighting: This is one of the simplest and cheapest ways of remodeling your master bathroom. With a little bit of planning and research, you can bring a lot of change in the entire look & mood of your bathroom and make it look more spacious.
Nowadays there are different types of lights available offline and online. If you are a fashion lover install big vanity lights or mirror lights and if you are a peace lover install small dim lights to create a quiet environment. Besides there are Chandelier lights, Wall Sconces, Pendant lights, Ceiling lights track lights, etc.
• Change the Flooring: Now this is a little costlier option. Choosing a different tile for your bathroom will completely change its appearance. You can go for colorful textured tiles. There are a lot of natural as well as synthetic stone tiles available in the market which can be used for floors of the master bathroom. It would be better if you select tiles that are water & heat-resistant and not to forget slip resistant making your bathroom safe for you as well as your kids and elders at your home. Choosing stain-resistant tiles will be an added advantage in the long run.
• Update Your Toilet: If you are planning for a master bathroom remodel that will not only benefit you but also the environment, then this idea is for you. More and more people are now switching to this environment-friendly option these days. These toilets save water since they have low-flowing water, and the tanks are hidden which saves space in modern bathrooms. However, its design and maintenance require some planning that your plumber can help you with.
• Update the Accessories: So when was the last time you added an accessory to your bathroom? If you do not remember, it's time you make a detailed list of the modern updated accessories your bathroom requires and get them installed.
This is a budget-friendly option for remodeling your master bathroom. You do not even need labor if you know basic carpentry and plumbing skills. You might be wondering what small accessories can do but even replacing a small mirror above your sink with a big one can do wonders. Similar changes can be done by adding trays, cabinets, towel rails, soap dispensers, bathroom shelves, etc.
• Walk-in Shower: If you have a bathtub in your bathroom, you can definitely replace it with or add a walk-in shower with stylish tile walls and floors.
Bathtubs were preferred a lot by people earlier but not now. They are no longer popular. On the other hand, walk-in showers make your bathroom look stylish, sleek, and modern. They are easy to maintain and fit in any size of a bathroom. The separating glass panel that you may or may not add further enhance the appearance of your bathroom giving it a more contemporary look.
What is the most expensive part of a bathroom remodel?
The cost involved varies depending on the entire project, preferences, and labor involved. But usually, it has been found that the maximum expenses are done on appliances and their installations. People choose highly luxurious products for their bathroom which involves the maximum cost.
Besides, if you are moving or adding plumbing fixtures, such as a toilet, shower, or bathtub, the cost of hiring a plumber can be a significant expense.
How long should it take to renovate a master bathroom?
The timeline varies from one project to another. On average, it takes somewhere between 3 weeks to 3 months to renovate your master bathroom depending on the project scale and arrangement.
What is the first step in renovating a bathroom?
The first step in renovating a bathroom is to sit and plan why you need to renovate it in the first place. Do you want to make it more spacious, or do you want to change the shower area or add to the functionality of the bathroom, etc.
You can add to the details after you are done with the main reason behind taking the project in the first place. If you share your master bathroom with someone, you both have to sit and decide what you wish to achieve after renovation.
Bathrooms are places that provide comfort while you take care of your body chores and looks.
If they are well maintained and highly functional with quality accessories & products installed, they give a peaceful experience every time you step in; no matter whether you a getting ready for an important presentation at the office or heading for a weekend party. With the types of equipment, and appliances available today you can easily convert your simple bathroom into a space that gives a spa-like experience.
So if you have been pushing off your plan of renovating your master bathroom, start today and get it done.